IA Online Community Planning
This is a shared documentation space for the planning and design of The Information Architecture Institute's online community. It accompanies a proto-community (a Google Group) for those interested in participating in the online community, which will eventually move to a new platform.
To get involved, please contact Dan Zollman, IAI volunteer, at dan at danzollman.com
Goal[edit | edit source]
Our goal is to build an active, sustainable, online place for discussion of information architecture.
Our community of practice, while active in many digital and geographical places, lacks a central place to discuss information architecture online. We aim to establish a successor to IAI's formerly active mailing lists, designed for the present and future IA community.
Get involved[edit | edit source]
- Become a member of the Google Group by contacting Dan Zollman (dan at danzollman.com) Our Google Group is our provisional discussion space until we select a permanent platform. As a member of this group, you will be a founding member of the online community.
- Sign up to the Wiki. Everything on this site is open to input and revision by all members of the community—that's why it's a wiki.
- Volunteer to help out (optional). The most important thing you can do is to be an active voice in group discussions. Beyond that, we'll be looking for help with a variety of project tasks, large and small. We will coordinate day-to-day project activities outside of the Google Group, then report back and request input from the membership regularly.
Pages[edit | edit source]
Proto-community (Google Group)
Community strategy and design
- Strategic overview
- Member experience
- Platform selection
- Code of Conduct
- Communication and promotion
- Recognition and volunteer programs
MediaWiki Help[edit | edit source]
VisualEditor is installed in this wiki instance. To use the editor, click "Create" or "Edit" at the top of a page. To edit a page in traditional wikitext, click "Create source" or "Edit source".
- User's Guide
- MediaWiki FAQ
- Tips on editing this wiki (a page that someone might want to get started for us)
Is there a MediaWiki extension you think we should install? Let me know.
Note: The default time zone on the wiki is GMT. You can change this in your user preferences.